Experienced signal processing engineer
Working with major oil & gas companies, Skipper NDT aims at excellence in terms of non-destructive inspection of pipelines. Since there is no real solution on the market, Skipper NDT developed a high precision machine able to measure the magnetic field of the pipelines. The defects of the metal constituting the pipeline are then detected from this magnetic signal.
Skipper NDT is now leading an ambitious project in accordance to the huge economic and environmental impacts of pipeline maintenance. In that context, Skipper NDT is looking for an experienced signal processing engineer. In collaboration with the technical team, his/her mission consists in:
- Characterizing the measurement machine and the disturbing noises
- Contributing to the comprehension of the magnetic physics of the pipelines
- Developing algorithms to improve the performances of the detection of the defects
- Writing technical documentation
The engineer will have considerable flexibility in his/her choices as long as the proposed solutions meet the requirements. This also implies that the engineer must be autonomous, creative and proactive.
- PhD in signal or image processing
- Significant experience in an industrial development project (5 years minimum)
- Highly experienced with Matlab, experience in C / C++ strongly desired
- Knowledge in parallel computing and /or DSP programming desired
- Experienced with Windows and Linux environments